The Danish Financial Supervisory Authority is the data controller for the processing of the personal data we have received concerning you. Our contact details are available below.
The Danish Financial Supervisory Authority
Århusgade 110, DK-2100 Copenhagen
Telefon: +45 33 55 82 82
If you have any questions regarding our processing of your data, please feel free to contact our data protection officer.
You can contact our Data Protection Officer in the following ways:
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
By telephone + 45: 33 92 33 50
By letter: The Ministry of Industry, Business and Financial Affairs, attn. Data Protection Advisor, Slotsholmsgade 10-12, DK-1216 Copenhagen K
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- The Danish FSA's main task is to supervise financial institutions, including banks and mortgage credit institutions, pension and insurance companies. Among other things, the Danish FSA oversees that these companies have sufficient capital relative to the risks they have assumed, and that the companies comply with general financial legislation and regulations regarding consumer protection.
- The majority of the Danish FSA's personal data processing is performed as part of the FSA's exercise of public powers.
- As part of the authority's exercise of public powers, the Danish FSA will process your personal data in order to respond to your enquiry, cf. Article 6, Subsection 1, Schedule e of the General Data Protection Regulation. Our basis for processing sensitive personal data is primarily found in Article 9, Subsection 2, Schedule f or j of the General Data Protection Regulation.
The Danish FSA’s basis for processing personal data related to supervisory activities can be found in the following laws:
- The Financial Business Act
- The Act on Capital Markets
- The Act on Measures to Prevent Money Laundering and Financing of Terrorism
- The Act on Payments
- The Act on Managers of Alternative Investment Funds, etc.
- The Act on Investment Associations, etc.
- The Act on Financial Advisors, Investment Advisors and Housing Credit Intermediaries
- The Insurance Mediation Act
- The Supervision of Company Pension Funds Act
- The Act on Mortgage Credit Loans and Mortgage-Credit Bonds etc.
We process the following categories of personal data about you:
- As a rule, we only process general personal information about you.
We disclose your personal data or make it available to the following recipients:
- We only disclose data when this is necessary for the general handling of our tasks. Information may also be disclosed if this is necessary in order for other authorities to perform their tasks and in accordance with the Access to Public Administration Files Act and the Danish Public Administration Act. By extension, it should be noted that the information which employees of the Danish FSA become aware of through supervisory activities may only be disclosed in a few cases and in accordance with the duty of confidentiality established in Section 354 of the Danish Financial Business Act.
Information about you is stored for as long as we deem it necessary in order to fulfil our obligations as a public authority and to comply with applicable legislation, including the Archives Act.
If personal information about you has been submitted, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. This can be done by contacting us.
If you choose to withdraw your consent, it does not affect the lawfulness of our processing of your personal data based on your previously given consent and up to the time of the withdrawal. Therefore, if you withdraw your consent, it will only take effect from this time.
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation, you have several rights in relation to our processing of data concerning you. If you wish to exercise your rights, you must contact us.
Right of access
- You have the right to obtain access to the data we process concerning you, together with a number of other data.
Right to rectification (correction)
- You have the right to have incorrect data concerning you rectified.
Right to erasure
- In special cases, you have the right to have data concerning you erased before the time of our ordinary general erasure.
Right to restriction of processing
- In certain cases, you have the right to restrict the extent to which we process your personal data. If you have the right to restrict processing, we will henceforth only process information with your consent – with the exception of storage – or if a legal claim can be established, exercised or defended, or to protect a person or important public interests.
Right to object
- In certain cases, you have the right to object to our processing of your personal data.
Right to transmit data (data portability)
- In certain cases, you are entitled to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and to have this personal data transmitted from one data controller to another without hindrance.
You can read more about your rights in the Danish Data Protection Agency's guidance on rights of data subjects, available at www.datatilsynet.dk.
You have the right to complain to the Danish Data Protection Agency if you are not satisfied with the way in which we process your personal data. The contact details of the Danish Data Protection Agency are available at www.datatilsynet.dk.