How we process your personal data
Danish Food and Veterinary Administration is the data controller for the processing of the personal data we have received concerning you. Our contact details are available below.
Danish Food and Veterinary Administration
Stationsparken 31-33 2600 Glostrup
If you have any questions regarding our processing of your data, please feel free to contact our data protection officer.
You can contact our Data Protection Officer in the following ways:
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
Registration or application for approval of food business operators, incl. importers of food from EU or third countries, or registration of producers, business to business distributors, intra-community traders or importers of food contact materials (FCM)
The basis in law for our processing of your personal data ensues from:
The requirement of approval apply to all food businesses covered by paragraph 7 in Danish Order no. 1352 of 10 December 2019 on licensing and registration of food businesses etc., Regulation (EC) No 853/2004 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 29 April 2004 laying down specific hygiene rules for food of animal origin and for businesses producing sprouts covered by Commission Regulation (EU) No 210/2013 of 11 March 2013 on the approval of establishments producing sprouts pursuant to Regulation (EC) No 852/2004 of the European Parliament and of the Council.
We process the following categories of personal data about you:
The information processed about the data subjects is general personal information.
We will transfer personal data to recipients outside the EU and the EEA.
We can inform that The Commission has not taken a decision on the adequacy of the level of protection.
The source of the personal data originate from the notification form for registration or application for approval as
- Food business operator, incl. importer from Non-Member States or intra-community trader of food.
- Business to business distributor, importer from Non-Member States or intra-community trader of materials or articles intended to come into contact with food (food contact materials – FCM).
We storage your personal data until the Danish Food and Veterinary Administration is notified about the cessation of a food business or food contact material enterprise.
If personal information about you has been submitted, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. This can be done by contacting us.
If you choose to withdraw your consent, it does not affect the lawfulness of our processing of your personal data based on your previously given consent and up to the time of the withdrawal. Therefore, if you withdraw your consent, it will only take effect from this time.
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation, you have several rights in relation to our processing of data concerning you. If you wish to exercise your rights, you must contact us.
Right of access
- You have the right to obtain access to the data we process concerning you, together with a number of other data.
Right to rectification (correction)
- You have the right to have incorrect data concerning you rectified.
Right to erasure
- In special cases, you have the right to have data concerning you erased before the time of our ordinary general erasure.
Right to restriction of processing
- In certain cases, you have the right to restrict the extent to which we process your personal data. If you have the right to restrict processing, we will henceforth only process information with your consent – with the exception of storage – or if a legal claim can be established, exercised or defended, or to protect a person or important public interests.
Right to object
- In certain cases, you have the right to object to our processing of your personal data.
Right to transmit data (data portability)
- In certain cases, you are entitled to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and to have this personal data transmitted from one data controller to another without hindrance.
You can read more about your rights in the Danish Data Protection Agency's guidance on rights of data subjects, available at www.datatilsynet.dk.
You have the right to complain to the Danish Data Protection Agency if you are not satisfied with the way in which we process your personal data. The contact details of the Danish Data Protection Agency are available at www.datatilsynet.dk.
ma-to 9-16, fr 9-15