Doorman employed by a licensed establishment (temporary provision and establishment)


If you wish to work as a doorman employed by a licensed establishment (restaurants, bars, nightclubs etc.), you must have an authorisation issued by the Danish Police.

You will need this:

The procedure depends on whether you have been authorised as doorman before in a EU/EAA member state, or whether you intend to be authorised as doorman for the first time.

1. If you have not been authorised as doorman before:

You must:

  • have attained the age of 18,
  • have completed the adult vocational training programme (AMU) as doorman,
  • not have been convicted of a criminal offense which involves an obvious risk of abuse of the duties as doorman, cf. the Danish Criminal Code section 78, subsection 2, and
  • not have exhibited such conduct, in which there is reason to believe that you will not perform the duties as doorman properly.

Adult vocational training programme as doorman

The training programme as doorman lasts eight days and is carried out by training centres across Denmark.

The following documents must be enclosed

  • documentation of completion of the adult vocational training programme as doorman
  • a passport photograph (35 x 45 mm) with your national identification number and signature on the back side

You can send your application and documents digital via the provided link or to PAC by letter. See contact details below.

If you are not able to use the Danish application form, please contact PAC. PAC will then arrange with you as to how you can apply in English.

2. If you have already been authorised as doorman in another EU/EEA member state, you must apply via this link:

Directive No. 2005/36/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 7 September 2005 on the recognition of professional qualifications apply to cases concerning authorisation of doormen.

An applicant may be authorised if the person in question proves to have vocational qualifications that may be recognised in accordance with the Directive, and if the person meets the remaining requirements.

PAC also handles applications concerning Directive No. 2005/36/EC. You must send full documentation of your education and authorisation in your home country as well as a copy of your criminal record and a photograph as mentioned above.