To register a merchant ship with a foreign owner in a Danish ship register there is a requirement of economic activity in Denmark relating to the ship. Furthermore, the owner of the ship is required to appoint a Danish entity as process agent.
- A tonnage certificate issued by a Danish authorised tonnage measurer.
- A certificate of deletion or a non-registration certificate (original) if the ship is imported to Denmark.
- Proof of ownership of the ship for example, in the form of a builder's certificate, a ship deed or a bill of sale (title deed) (original).
- An application for registration of the Shipowner if the Shipowner is not registered in the Register of Shipping.
- The original bareboat contract or extract of this. 6. A original certificate from the foreign register stating the ship is entitled to fly another flag of nationality during the chartering period.
If you have any questions, please contact us at SRG@dma.dk or +45 72 19 60 23.