How we process your personal data
Danish Environmental Protection Agency is the data controller for the processing of the personal data we have received concerning you. Our contact details are available below.
Danish Environmental Protection Agency
Phone: +45 72 54 40 00
If you have any questions regarding our processing of your data, please feel free to contact our data protection officer.
You can contact our Data Protection Officer in the following ways:
By telephone: + 45 72 54 40 00
By letter: Tolderlundsvej 5, 5000 Odense, Denmark, att: Data Protection Officer
The Danish EPA processes personal data for the following purposes:
• The Danish EPA records your personal data in connection with the company’s reporting to the nanoproduct register at Virk.dk, which is an obligation arising from Statutory Order No. 644 of 13 June 2014 on registers of mixtures and products containing nanomaterials as well as the obligation of manufacturers and importers to report
• The Danish Environmental Protection Agency collects and processes your personal data in order to gain knowledge about the quantities, types and uses of consumer products that release nanomaterials and are placed on the market in Denmark in order to assess possible risks (and safe use) for consumers and the environment
• Personal data may also be processed through access to documents and transmitted if it is in accordance with applicable lawThe basis in law for our processing of your personal data ensues from:
Legal basis for processing personal data
The legal basis for our processing of personal data follows from:
• The Danish EPA processes your personal data on the basis of the authority tasks resulting from Statutory Order No. 644/2014 on reporting to the nano product register, including in order to fulfil the purpose of the Statutory Order, to ensure a high level of protection for consumers and the environment
• Processing is thus carried out on the basis of Article 6 (1)(e) of the Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679), which states that processing is necessary to take account of the performance of a task in the public interest or in the exercise of public authority entrusted to the controller.
We process the following categories of personal data:
• General personal data, including company name, which can be attributed to persons, address, CVR-number, contact name and email.
The Danish EPA discloses your personal information to the Danish Working Environmental Protection Agency on request.
The Danish EPA also leaves your personal data to data processors, e.g. Statens IT.
The personal data comes from the data that you enter in connection with the reporting of nanoproducts on Virk.dk.
The Environmental Protection Agency will process your data until the data are filed or discarded pursuant to the rules of the Danish Archives Act, see Consolidated Act no. 1201 of 28 September 2016, or in general for as long as they are needed for the purpose for which they were collected. When there is no longer a legal or administrative need, the data will be discarded (erased).
If personal information about you has been submitted, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. This can be done by contacting us.
If you choose to withdraw your consent, it does not affect the lawfulness of our processing of your personal data based on your previously given consent and up to the time of the withdrawal. Therefore, if you withdraw your consent, it will only take effect from this time.
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation, you have several rights in relation to our processing of data concerning you. If you wish to exercise your rights, you must contact us.
Right of access
You have the right to obtain access to the data we process concerning you, together with a number of other data.
Right to rectification (correction)
You have the right to have incorrect data concerning you rectified.
Right to erasure
In special cases, you have the right to have data concerning you erased before the time of our ordinary general erasure.
Right to restriction of processing
In certain cases, you have the right to restrict the extent to which we process your personal data. If you have the right to restrict processing, we will henceforth only process information with your consent – with the exception of storage – or if a legal claim can be established, exercised or defended, or to protect a person or important public interests.
Right to object
In certain cases, you have the right to object to our processing of your personal data.
Right to transmit data (data portability)
In certain cases, you are entitled to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and to have this personal data transmitted from one data controller to another without hindrance.
You can read more about your rights in the Danish Data Protection Agency's guidance on rights of data subjects, available at www.datatilsynet.dk.
You have the right to complain to the Danish Data Protection Agency if you are not satisfied with the way in which we process your personal data. The contact details of the Danish Data Protection Agency are available at www.datatilsynet.dk.