As the client, you have a duty to notify a new construction site. This applies if the expected duration of the work exceeds 30 days and at least 20 employees are employed at the same time, or if the presumed workload exceeds 500 man-days.
As the client, you have a duty to notify a construction site to the Danish Working Environment Authority before work starts.
This applies if you expect the site to meet one of the two following conditions:
- Work will last more than 30 working days and there will be at least 20 employees working on the site at the same time.
- The estimated workload is over 500 man-days (full-time equivalents).
You are permitted to let others carry out the notification, e.g. a consultant, project supervisor or general contractor.
Deadline for notifying a new construction site
You must notify the construction site before work starts.
When you complete the form or use the self-service solution, you will be asked to provide the following information:
- Your role as a notifier, e.g. client, advisor or head contractor
- Company contact information
- Address of the construction site, nature of the work and the number of persons involved
- Start and end dates of work
- Contact information of the client or coordinator
- Contact information of the main contractor/turnkey contractor and project supervisor/consultant
- Information on subcontractor companies
- Telephone number and email of the contact person, if relevant.
Annex no. 4 to the Danish Working Environment Authority’s Executive Order no. 117 on the duties of the client:
Your notification of the construction site will be stored in the Working Environment Authority’s self-service solution, the ADVI portal.
If you have previously notified building and construction work, you will be able to view your notifications over the past five years here.
Access to the ADVI portalrequires a NemID.
Rules and guidelines
- Executive Order on Duties of the Client, no. 117 of 5 February 2013 - in Danish
- Executive Order on Obligatory Digital Communication to the Danish Working Environment Authority, no. 1203 of 16 November 2017 - in Danish
- Duties of the Client, Executive Order - English version, at.dk/en - In the event of any discrepancy between the Danish and English versions, the Danish version takes precedence