Danish Environmental Protection Agency is the data controller for the processing of the personal data we have received concerning you. Our contact details are available below.
Danish Environmental Protection Agency
Tolderlundsvej 5 5000 Odense C
If you have any questions regarding our processing of your data, please feel free to contact our data protection officer.
You can contact our Data Protection Officer in the following ways:
By e-mail: email@example.com
By telephone: + 45 72 54 40 00
By letter: Tolderlundsvej 5, 5000 Odense, Denmark, att: Data Protection Officer
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
The Environmental Protection Agency processes your personal data for the purpose of evaluating if you can qualify for obtaining a permit to dumping of dredged material. This includes processing for the following purposes, in particular:
- Processing your application regarding acquisition of a permit to dump dredged material.
The basis in law for our processing of your personal data ensues from:
Your personal data will in this connection be subject to the necessary processing, including, for example, record-keeping pursuant to the Danish Act on Public Access to Documents in Public Files (offentlighedsloven). Your data will furthermore be stored in accordance with the Danish Archives Act (arkivloven).
In regards to permits for dumping of dredged material, the Environmental Protection Agency processes your personal data under the authority of the executive order for dumping of dredged material (executive order number 516 of 23/04/2020) § 5 point 2.
Hence, the processing takes place under the authority of the General Data Protection Regulation, Article 6(1), point (c) (legal obligations) and" point (e) (the exercise of official authority)".
We process data on criminal offences on the basis of section 8(1) of the Data Protection Act, in that the processing is necessary for performing the tasks of the Agency.
The Environmental Protection Agency processes any sensitive personal data provided by you under the authority of the General Data Protection Regulation, Article 9(2), point (f) (the processing of sensitive data is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim"). The Environmental Protection Agency is obliged, inter alia, to keep a record of your personal data in accordance with the rules of the Danish Act on Public Access to Documents in Public Files.
We process the following categories of personal data about you:
The Environmental Protection Agency processes the data contained in your application. This includes the following data in particular:
- Your name and or your company’s name
- Your company’s address
- Your company’s CVR number or SE number
- Other relevant documentation in relation to the application
We disclose your personal data or make it available to the following recipients:
In some cases, the Danish Environmental Protection Agency passes on personal information to other authorities as part of our exercise of authority. In addition, we pass on personal information to other parties if we are obliged in accordance with other legislation - including access to documents according to the Public Access to Information Act and the Environmental Information Act.
The Environmental Protection Agency will process your data until the data are filed or discarded pursuant to the rules of the Danish Archives Act, see Consolidated Act no. 1201 of 28 September 2016, or in general for as long as they are needed for the purpose for which they were collected. When there is no longer a legal or administrative need, the data will be discarded (erased).
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation, you have several rights in relation to our processing of data concerning you. If you wish to exercise your rights, you must contact us.
Right of access
- You have the right to obtain access to the data we process concerning you, together with a number of other data.
Right to rectification (correction)
- You have the right to have incorrect data concerning you rectified.
Right to erasure
- In special cases, you have the right to have data concerning you erased before the time of our ordinary general erasure.
Right to restriction of processing
- In certain cases, you have the right to restrict the extent to which we process your personal data. If you have the right to restrict processing, we will henceforth only process information with your consent – with the exception of storage – or if a legal claim can be established, exercised or defended, or to protect a person or important public interests.
Right to object
- In certain cases, you have the right to object to our processing of your personal data.
Right to transmit data (data portability)
- In certain cases, you are entitled to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and to have this personal data transmitted from one data controller to another without hindrance.
You can read more about your rights in the Danish Data Protection Agency's guidance on rights of data subjects, available at www.datatilsynet.dk.
You have the right to complain to the Danish Data Protection Agency if you are not satisfied with the way in which we process your personal data. The contact details of the Danish Data Protection Agency are available at www.datatilsynet.dk.