Authorised refrigeration technician (category II) (establishment)


If you want to work as an authorized refrigeration technician (category II) with refrigerant fillings up to 2.5 kg, you must be authorised according to EU regulation 2015/2067.


If you wish to work as an authorised refrigeration technician (with refrigeration fillings up to 2.5 kg) in Denmark permanently, you should apply for an authorization at Kølebranchens Miljøordning (KMO).

Application for authorization is made by filling out the form at KMO’s website and attaching

  • education documents from the respective country and

  • current F-gas authorizations from other EU countries.

You can find more information as to how to apply on the page via this link (also in English).

You are also free to seek to seek guidance with KMO at their telephone number: 4156 6950.

For temporary services (with refrigeration fillings up to 2.5 kg) you do not need to apply for a specific authorization in Denmark – the requirements are regulated by EU regulation 2015/2067.