How we process your personal data
The Danish Environmental Protection Agency is the data controller for the processing of the personal data we have received concerning you. Our contact details are available below.
**The Danish Environmental Protection Agency **
Tolderlundsvej 5 5000 Odense C
If you have any questions regarding our processing of your data, please feel free to contact our data protection officer.
You can contact our Data Protection Officer in the following ways:
By telephone + 45 93 59 70 11
We process your personal data for the following purposes + The basis in law for our processing of your personal data ensues from:
The Environmental Protection Agency processes your personal data for the purpose of evaluating the application for employment at waste disposal sites. This includes processing for the following purposes, in particular:
- Processing of application for employment at waste disposal sites
Your personal data will in this connection be subject to the necessary processing, including, for example, record-keeping pursuant to the Danish Act on Public Access to Documents in Public Files (offentlighedsloven). Your data will furthermore be stored in accordance with the Danish Archives Act (arkivloven).
The Environmental Protection Agency processes your personal data under the authority of the statutory order 1361 about education of operator or staff at waste disposal sites.
Hence, the processing takes place under the authority of the General Data Protection Regulation, Article 6(1), point (e) (the exercise of official authority).
The Environmental Protection Agency processes any sensitive personal data provided by you under the authority of the General Data Protection Regulation, Article 9(2), point (f) (the processing of sensitive data is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim. The Environmental Protection Agency is obliged, inter alia, to keep a record of your personal data in accordance with the rules of the Danish Act on Public Access to Documents in Public Files.
We process the following categories of personal data about you:
In addition to the data reported by you to the Environmental Protection Agency, we receive personal data about you from the following sources:
The Environmental Protection Agency processes the data contained in your application. This includes the following data in particular:
- Your name and contact details
We disclose your personal data or make it available to the following recipients:
The Environmental Protection Agency will entrust your personal data to the Agency's data processors, e.g. Statens IT (the Agency for Governmental IT Services in Denmark).
Vi storage your personal data for
The Environmental Protection Agency will process your data until the data are filed or discarded pursuant to the rules of the Danish Archives Act, see Consolidated Act no. 1201 of 28 September 2016, or in general for as long as they are needed for the purpose for which they were collected. When there is no longer a legal or administrative need, the data will be discarded (erased).
We don’t employ automatic assessments, such as profiling.
If personal information about you has been submitted, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. This can be done by contacting us.
If you choose to withdraw your consent, it does not affect the lawfulness of our processing of your personal data based on your previously given consent and up to the time of the withdrawal. Therefore, if you withdraw your consent, it will only take effect from this time.
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation, you have several rights in relation to our processing of data concerning you. If you wish to exercise your rights, you must contact us.
Right of access
- You have the right to obtain access to the data we process concerning you, together with a number of other data.
Right to rectification (correction)
- You have the right to have incorrect data concerning you rectified.
Right to erasure
- In special cases, you have the right to have data concerning you erased before the time of our ordinary general erasure.
Right to restriction of processing
- In certain cases, you have the right to restrict the extent to which we process your personal data. If you have the right to restrict processing, we will henceforth only process information with your consent – with the exception of storage – or if a legal claim can be established, exercised or defended, or to protect a person or important public interests.
Right to object
- In certain cases, you have the right to object to our processing of your personal data.
Right to transmit data (data portability)
- In certain cases, you are entitled to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and to have this personal data transmitted from one data controller to another without hindrance.
You can read more about your rights in the Danish Data Protection Agency's guidance on rights of data subjects, available at www.datatilsynet.dk.
You have the right to complain to the Danish Data Protection Agency if you are not satisfied with the way in which we process your personal data. The contact details of the Danish Data Protection Agency are available at www.datatilsynet.dk.