The Danish Maritime Authority is the data controller for the processing of the personal data we have received concerning you. Our contact details are available below.
The Danish Maritime Authority
Caspar Brands Plads 9
4220 Korsør, Denmark
Telefon: + 45 72 19 60 00
If you have any questions about our processing of the information, you are always welcome to contact our data protection officer.
You can contact our data protection officer, Frederic Fursund, in the following ways:
Ministry of Industry, Business and Financial Affairs
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Processing your request in relation to your application.
The basis in law for our processing of your personal data ensues from:
- Order on qualification requirements for seafarers and fishermen and on certificates of competency and certificates of proficiency part 5, section 52.
We process the following categories of personal data about you:
- Certificate of nationality.
- Certificate of authorization or another certificate of proficiency giving the applicant access to the profession (if the profession is regulated in the applicant's country).
- Documentation of professional experience (seagoing service), including also of relevant work-experience periods.
- Certificates of education of relevance to the applicant's profession.
- The applicant's contact details, stating his first name and surname, address, telephone number and e-mail, if relevant. If another person than the applicant, such as a company, submits documents on behalf of the applicant, the name, address, telephone number and e-mail, if relevant, of the applicant shall be given.
- Health certificate of seafarers and fishermen valid for the service for which the certificate of competency entitles the holder or medical certificate on physical and mental health.
We disclose your personal data or make it available to the following recipients:
- We do not disclose your personal data with other authorities or institutions.
We will transfer personal data to recipients outside the EU and the EEA.
- We do not transfer personal data to other authorities inside or outside EU.
We only acquire personal data via you. We do not acquirer personal data on you from third party directly.
We store your personal data for, as long as, it is relevant in order to document our activities and the information on which we base our decisions.
Currently, we cannot say how long we will keep your personal data. However, we can inform you that we will emphasize that we are working on criteria for how long your data is necessary for the case when determining how long the data will be kept.
We do not employ automatic assessments, such as profiling, in order to handle your request.
If personal information about you has been submitted, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. This can be done by contacting us.
If you choose to withdraw your consent, it does not affect the lawfulness of our processing of your personal data based on your previously given consent and up to the time of the withdrawal. Therefore, if you withdraw your consent, it will only take effect from this time.
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation, you have several rights in relation to our processing of data concerning you. If you wish to exercise your rights, you must contact us.
Right of access
You have the right to obtain access to the data we process concerning you, together with a number of other data.
Right to rectification (correction)
You have the right to have incorrect data concerning you rectified.
Right to erasure
In special cases, you have the right to have data concerning you erased before the time of our ordinary general erasure.
Right to restriction of processing
In certain cases, you have the right to restrict the extent to which we process your personal data. If you have the right to restrict processing, we will henceforth only process information with your consent – with the exception of storage – or if a legal claim can be established, exercised or defended, or to protect a person or important public interests.
Right to object
In certain cases, you have the right to object to our processing of your personal data.
Right to transmit data (data portability)
In certain cases, you are entitled to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and to have this personal data transmitted from one data controller to another without hindrance.
You can read more about your rights in the Danish Data Protection Agency's guidance on rights of data subjects, available at www.datatilsynet.dk.
You have the right to complain to the Danish Data Protection Agency if you are not satisfied with the way in which we process your personal data. The contact details of the Danish Data Protection Agency are available at www.datatilsynet.dk.