Medical Laboratory Technologist (establishment)

Styrelsen for Patientsikkerhed

If you wish to work as a Medical Laboratory Technologis in Denmark, you must have an authorisation issued by the Danish Patient Safety Authority.

You will need this:

You can apply for Danish authorization to work as a Medical Laboratory Technologist via the 'start'-button. You must provide the following documentary evidence:

  1. Documentation of name, date of birth and nationality (e.g. a certified copy of the relevant page in your passport).
  2. Name change certificate/marriage certificate, if any.
  3. Curriculum vitae, listing your qualifications and work experience in chronological order.
  4. Diploma/certificate.

Detailed transcript of the study programme from the educational institution containing the following information:

Admission requirements

  1. Total length of the education
  2. Theoretical education: subjects and lecture hours of each subject
  3. Clinical education: subjects and duration indicated in hours
  4. Clinical education: departments and number of weeks in each department
  5. Certificate of current professional status/certificate of good standing. The certificates must confirm that you are entitled to practice within your profession and that your licence to practice was not withdrawn. If the certificate is not in English, we will – following a specific assessment – send it to you so that you can ask a translator to translate the document. The relevant health authority must send the certificate directly to the Danish Patient Safety Authority. The certificate must have been issued no more than 3 months before the Danish Patient Safety Authority receives all the documentation
  6. Supplementary documentation, if any, or any other information which in your opinion might be of importance to the assessment of your qualifications.
  7. Power of attorney, if another person, including employment agencies etc., handles your application.

When you have filled in the application form and sent it electronically, you will receive information about registration fee and a link to a payment site where you can pay the required fee with the following cards: Dankort, VisaDankort, Visa, MasterCard and Eurocard. You can read more under "Additional info".

If you wish to provide services on a temporary basis, read more and apply via this link