In addition to basic dental education, there are two dental specialties in Denmark: Orthodontics and Oral surgery.
You can apply for Danish authorization to work as a Specialised dentist via the 'start'-button. You must provide the following documentary evidence:
- Documentation of name, date of birth and nationality (e.g. a certified copy of the relevant page in your passport).
- Name change certificate/marriage certificate, if any.
- Curriculum vitae, listing your qualifications and work experience in chronological order.
- Detailed transcript of the study programme from the educational institution containing the following information:
- Admission requirements
- Total length of the education
- Theoretical education: subjects and lecture hours of each subject
- Clinical education: subjects and duration indicated in hours
- Clinical education: departments and number of weeks in each department
- If deemed necessary, translations into English or Danish of diploma and transcript
- Certificate of current professional status/certificate of good standing. The certificate must confirm that you are entitled to practice within your profession and that your license to practice has not been withdrawn. If the certificate is not in English, we will – if deemed necessary – send it to you so that you can ask a translator to translate the document. The relevant health authority must send the certificate directly to the Danish Patient Safety Authority. The certificate must have been issued no more than 3 months before the Danish Patient Safety Authority receives all the documentation. If you have not been registered with a license to practice, you must ask the competent health authority send a ”certificate of non-registration” to the effect that you have not been registered with a license to practice.
- Supplementary documentation, if any, or any other information which in your opinion might be of importance to the assessment of your qualifications
When you have filled in the application form and sent it electronically, you will receive information about registration fee and a link to a payment site where you can pay the required fee with the following cards: Dankort, VisaDankort, Visa, MasterCard and Eurocard. You can read more under "Additional info".