Specialised dentist (temporary provision)

Styrelsen for Patientsikkerhed

In addition to basic dental education, there are two dental specialties in Denmark: Orthodontics and Oral surgery.

You will need this:

If you wish to work on a temporary and occasional basis, you must apply to be registered as a service provider.

When you apply to be registered as a service provider, you do not fill in an application form but merely send a cover letter to let us know that you apply for registration as a temporary service provider along with the documentary evidence listed below:

  1. Documentation of name, date of birth and nationality
  2. Name change certificate/marriage certificate, if any.
  3. Curriculum vitae, listing your qualifications and work experience in chronological order.
  4. Evidence of formal qualifications as a specialised dentist as mentioned in the annex to **Directive 2005/36/EC**.
  5. Translation of EU diploma or other evidence of formal qualifications, if relevant
  6. Certificate of current professional status/certificate of good standing to the effect that you are legally entitled to practice as a specialized dentist and that your license to practice is valid. The relevant health authority must send the certificate directly to the Danish Patient Safety Authority and it must be issued no more than 3 months before the Danish Patient Safety Authority receives all the documentation.
  7. A certificate of conformity issued by the competent authority confirming that the training leading to the award of your medical qualification meets the standards detailed in the appropriate articles of Directive 2005/36/EC.

If you wish to provide services on a permanent basis, yu can read more and apply via this link