Upper Secondary School Teacher (STX, HF, HHX and HTX) (establishment)

Uddannelses- og Forskningsstyrelsen

If you wish to work as an Upper Secondary School Teacher (STX, HF, HHX and HTX) in a permanent position, you will need professional recognition from the Danish Agency for Higher Education and Science.


You must fill in an application form and attach the required documents.

EU/EEA applicants:

Get the application form (pdf)

Required documents:

  • Proof of nationality: passport, ID card etc.

  • Certificate/letter of authorisation or other documentation by which you are entitled to work as an upper secondary school teacher (only applies to countries where such certificates etc. are issued)

  • Diploma(s)/certificate(s): Evidence of your teaching qualification(s)

  • Transcript, mark sheet or similar list of subjects passed, for each qualification that you want to have assessed

  • Translation(s) of the diploma(s)/certificate(s) and transcripts mentioned if they are not in English, German, French, Spanish, Swedish or Norwegian

  • Evidence of professional experience if you have worked as an upper secondary school teacher, in or outside Denmark, if any

  • Documentation of change of name, if relevant

Please upload your application and documents via this link

Non-EU/EEA applicants:

Please go to the application form and follow the instructions there