Apply for the special health insurance card – as employer

Udbetaling Danmark

As an employer, you can apply for the special health insurance card on behalf of your employees working in Denmark but living abroad.

You will need this:

  • MitID employee certificate

  • A signed power of attorney from the employee

  • Employee CPR number or withholding tax number

  • Employee's full name, address, citizenship and telephone number

  • Employee's employment contract

  • Information about the employee's possible work in or for countries other than Denmark

  • The employee's choice for placement in health insurance group 1 or 2

  • Possibly the employee's decision on social security / Certificate A1, if the employee has received one

  • Possibly the employee's EU health insurance form E 106, if the employee has been sent to work in Denmark.