How to apply for a community license or a van license to become a freight haulier


Here you will find information on obtaining a community license for transport of goods by road for hire or reward with trucks (>3,5 tons) within Denmark and the EU, or license for transport of goods by road in a van (2-3,5 tons) within Denmark.

You will need this:
  • Determine whether you have to apply for a new license or renew an existing license that has yet to expire.
  • Be the transport manager of the company in question
  • Have your business registered with the Danish Business Authority and have received a Central Business Register-number (CVR).
  • Have a NemID employee signature
  • Supply the information needed in the approval process as listed below