Reimbursement of maternity/paternity benefits

Udbetaling Danmark

Are you an employer, or are you self-employed or a private entrepreneur? Find information and guidance to self service in Min Barsel.

When an employee is to go on maternity/paternity leave, the employer must report the leave. As an employer you can apply for reimbursement for the salary that you pay during the leave - and if it is unpaid leave, the employee can apply for maternity/paternity benefits. When applying for maternity/paternity benefits as a self-employed person or private entrepreneur, it matters what kind of company you have and how much you work.