Alternative investment fund managers from a non-EU country intending to market an alternative in-vestment fund established in an EU country to professional investors in Denmark must apply for a license with the Danish FSA.
Please notice that the application cannot be submitted unless all relevant information have been provide.
- Documentation that the AIFM is authorised to manage EU AIFs according to Directive.
- 2011/61/EU if the AIFM is domiciled within EU/EEA.
- Program of operations identifying the EU AIF the AIFM intends to market in Denmark.
- The latest version of the fund rules or instruments of incorporation.
- The latest published annual report and any subsequent half-yearly report.
- A statement from the supervisory authorities of the EU AIF to the effect that the home country is prepared to grant similar Danish AIFs access to market their units or shares in the country in question.
- Information on whether or not the EU AIF is allowed to market its shares or units towards the public in its home country; information the EU AIF is required to provide for its investors according to the regulation of its home country, including the information the EU AIF is required to provide if it ceases marketing in Denmark.
- Other information the EU AIF is obligated to publish in its home country