The Danish Veterinary and Food Administration is the data controller for the processing of the personal data we have received concerning you. Our contact details are available below.
The Danish Veterinary and Food Administration
Stationsparken 31-33 2600 Glostrup
If you have any questions regarding our processing of your data, please feel free to contact our data protection officer.
You can contact our Data Protection Officer in the following ways:
Ministry of Environment and Food of Denmark
Holmens Kanal 42
DK-1060 København K.
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
The data is processed in connection with application for authorization for:
- cloning and genetically modifying vertebrate animals;
- using cloned and genetically modified vertebrate animals for experiments;
- breeding cloned and genetically modified test animals;
- breeding test animals or supplying test animals to a testing company or a testing institution;
- undertaking experiments on captured, wild vertebrate animals; or
- undertaking experiments on animal species which are considered to be endangered species under Annex I to the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES) and Annex A to Council Regulation (EC) No 338/97 of 9 December 1996 on the protection of species of wild fauna and flora by regulating trade therein.
The basis in law for our processing of your personal data ensues from:
- Section 3 of the Laboratory Animal (Consolidated) Act No. 474 of 15 May 2014 and Section 68 of the Ministerial Order No. 12 of 7 January 2016 on Laboratory Animals.
We process the following categories of personal data about you:
- Private e-mail address
- Relevant work experience
Breeding or supplying of test animals:
- Private e-mail address
- Relevant work experience
We disclose your personal data or make it available to the following recipients:
Data is used by the Danish Veterinary and Food Administration (The Animals Experiment Inspectorate).
If there is a need to exchange information with other authorities, institutions or the like, in the processing of your case, this will also happen, e.g. the Animal Experimentation Council.
The Danish Veterinary and Food Administration passes on personal information to other parties if the agency is obliged to do so under other legislation - including access to documents according to the Public Access to Information Act.
The personal data is used only in Denmark and is not transferred to recipients outside the EU and the EEA.
Your personal data originates from yourself in connection with your application for authorization. The personal data may also originate from other authorities or institutions if information from these is required.
Currently, we cannot say how long we will keep your personal data. However, we can inform you that that the data can be kept as long as they remain relevant in regards to your authorization.
All of the data are stored in accordance with the principles of the Danish act on public access to documents in public files, so that they are accessible with regard to public administration. Furthermore, the instructions of the National Audit Agency of Denmark and the Danish National Archivist are followed. Moreover, we are required to keep your data for at least 5 years confer the rules of filing-records, pursuant to section 15 of the Public Access to Information Act.
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation, you have several rights in relation to our processing of data concerning you. If you wish to exercise your rights, you must contact us.
Right of access
- You have the right to obtain access to the data we process concerning you, together with a number of other data.
Right to rectification (correction)
- You have the right to have incorrect data concerning you rectified.
Right to erasure
- In special cases, you have the right to have data concerning you erased before the time of our ordinary general erasure.
Right to restriction of processing
- In certain cases, you have the right to restrict the extent to which we process your personal data. If you have the right to restrict processing, we will henceforth only process information with your consent – with the exception of storage – or if a legal claim can be established, exercised or defended, or to protect a person or important public interests.
Right to object
- In certain cases, you have the right to object to our processing of your personal data.
Right to transmit data (data portability)
- In certain cases, you are entitled to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and to have this personal data transmitted from one data controller to another without hindrance.
You can read more about your rights in the Danish Data Protection Agency's guidance on rights of data subjects, available at www.datatilsynet.dk.
You have the right to complain to the Danish Data Protection Agency if you are not satisfied with the way in which we process your personal data. The contact details of the Danish Data Protection Agency are available at www.datatilsynet.dk.
ma-to 9-16, fr 9-15