You must prepare an application for approval of production with genetically modified organisms before commencing production.
- NemID employee signature
- Risk assessment (LINK)
- Information concerning the genetically modified organism, the plant and the work itself
- Possibly power of attorney
If a field is not relevant, remember to write irrelevant in the field so that it appears that a decision has been made on the subject of the field.
- Click on Start and log in with NemID employee signature
- Accept the terms and click continue
- Choose whether the production includes microorganisms, animals or plants
- Check that information about the applicant, retrieved from NemID, is correct
- If applying externally for the company, a power of attorney is attached - click on next
- Enter the company's CVR number and verify the information
- Then fill in information about the production activity, e.g. responsible for supervision, plant, waste management, organisms used, genetic modification, containment measures, accident prevention and emergency preparedness
- Attach risk assessment
- Click on summary
- To submit the form, click submit
- You can now choose to download the completed form and receipt, or have it sent to your email
Before production with genetically modified organisms is initiated, this activity must be approved by the Danish Environmental Protection Agency, cf. Executive Order on the Environment and Genetic Technology Act, section 8. For further information regarding approval of production with genetically modified organisms, please refer to the Executive Order on approval of production with genetically modified microorganisms and the Order approving the production of genetically modified plants and animals.
Please note that a risk assessment must be submitted at the same time as the application. If you wish to use an indicative template for the risk assessment, this can be filled in and downloaded via Virk.dk here (LINK).