In order to operate as a collector of recyclable industrial waste, you would normally need a certificate, but citizens of another country belonging to the EU or EEA are exempted from this requirement.
If you want to establish yourself or work on a permanent basis in Denmark with collection of recyclable industrial waste, you need to apply to the Danish Environmental Protection Agency for official recognition of your qualifications.
After you have been given the recognition, you will be registered as an official collector of recyclable industrial waste in the Danish register of waste registration.
There is no application form. Instead, you can write a letter stating your qualifications and explain that you wish to work on a permanent basis by e-mail or to the Danish Environmental Protection Agency’s postal address. See contact details below.
You should enclose the documents mentioned below:
- Proof of nationality, for example, a copy of identity card or passport.
- Attestation of professional competence or of the evidence of formal qualifications giving you access to the profession (if the profession is regulated in your country).
- Certificates, diplomas etc. relevant to your profession.
- Proof that you have practised the profession for at least one year in the last ten years on full-time or for an equivalent overall duration on a part-time basis, if your profession is not regulated in that country (for example, pay slips or attestations from previous employers identifying the professional activity and its duration), if relevant.
- Proof of your professional experience, e.g. pay slips or attestations from employers identifying the professional activity and its duration (if any).
- Any further documentation or information that you think may influence the assessment of your professional and educational qualifications, or other relevant information that you wish to submit.
- Your contact information: first name and family name, address, phone number and e-mail, if any. If somebody else is sending the documents, e.g. a company sending documents on your behalf: The sender's name, address, phone number and e-mail.