Collection of recyclable industrial waste (collector certificate) (temporary provision)


In order to operate as a collector of recyclable industrial waste, you would normally need a certificate, but citizens of another country belonging to the EU or EEA are exempted from this requirement.


Before first moving to Denmark in order to provide services, you are to inform the competent Danish authority in a written declaration. The competent authority will check your professional qualifications, before you can start providing services.

You should enclose the following documents with your first declaration:

  • Contact information: first name and family name, address, phone number and e-mail.

  • A declaration dated and signed, indicating your occupation and your intention to provide your service in Denmark on a temporary and occasional basis.

  • Ordinary photocopy of proof of nationality (for example, a photocopy of relevant pages of your passport).

  • Certified photocopies of your professional qualification documents (evidence of formal qualifications, an attestation of competence and/or professional experience, authorisation etc.).

  • If neither the profession nor the training is regulated in your Member State of establishment: Proof that you have practised the profession for at least one year in the last ten years, in the country of establishment (for example working contracts and attestations from previous employers stating the professional activity and its duration).

You are required to renew your declaration, if you intend to provide temporary or occasional services in Denmark during the following year.

If you wish to provide services on a permanent basis, you must apply via this information page.