Steward at certain sports events (temporary provision and establishment)


If you wish to work as a steward at certain sports events, you must have an authorisation issued by the Danish Police.

You will need this:

“Certain sports events” are currently defined as the following events in men’s sports:

  • International football matches
  • Football matches (including friendlies) involving teams from Superligaen, 1. and 2. division
  • Football matches under the auspices of UEFA

Central and West Jutland Police, Administrative Centre (PAC), handles applications for authorisation from people residing outside Denmark.

The procedure depends on whether you have been authorised as steward before in a EU/EAA member state, or whether you intend to be authorised as steward for the first time.

1. If you have not been authorised as steward before:

You must:

  • have attained the age of 18,
  • have completed the Danish Football Association’s (DBU) training programme as a steward,
  • not have been convicted of a criminal offense which involves an obvious risk of abuse of the duties as steward, cf. the Danish Criminal Code section 78, subsection 2, and
  • not have exhibited such conduct that there is reason to believe that you will not perform the duties as a steward properly.

Adult vocational training programme as steward

The training programme as steward lasts three days, over the course of a weekend (Friday, Saturday, Sunday). The Association of Elite Football Clubs in Denmark (Divisionsforeningen) is responsible for the training programme.


An application form in Danish can be found here.

The following documents must be enclosed:

  • documentation of completion of the training programme as steward, and
  • a passport photograph (35 x 45 mm) with your national identification number and signature on the back side.

You can send your application and documents to PAC by e-mail or letter. See contact details below.

If you are not able to use the Danish application form, please contact PAC. PAC will then arrange with you as to how you can apply in English.

2. If you have already been authorised as steward in another EU/EEA member state:

Directive No. 2005/36/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 7 September 2005 on the recognition of professional qualifications apply to cases concerning authorisation of stewards.

An applicant may be authorised if the person in question proves to have the vocational qualifications, which is recognised in accordance with the Directive, and if the person meets the remaining requirements.

Applications concerning Directive No. 2005/36/EC are also handled by PAC. You must send full documentation of your education and authorisation in your home country as well as a copy of your criminal record and a photograph as mentioned above.