Apply for an authorization as a building expert in Denmark here.
The first time you wish to carry out the profession of appointed building expert on a temporary or occasional basis you must report the following information to the Danish Safety Technology Authority together with this application:
- Insurance agreement or other forms of personal or collective protection in connection with professional liability
- documentation for your nationality,
- the certification from the home country that provides that you are operating legally in the home country and that you have not been forbidden to exercise business as an appointed building expert,
- documentation for occupational skills and
- documentation that you have been operating as an appointed building expert for a minimum period of 1 year within the past 10 years.
Once the Authority has received the correct documentation the Authority will provide you with a login to the database in which all building inspections must be reported.
Please note that the above-mentioned documentation has to be reported to the Danish Safety Technology Authority every year in case you wish to continue carrying out the profession of appointed building expert on a temporary or occasional basis.