The Danish Agency for Higher Education and Science is the data controller for the processing of the personal data we have received concerning you. Our contact details are available below.
Danish Agency for Higher Education and Science
DK-2100 Copenhagen Ø
Telefon: 7231 7800
If you have any questions regarding our processing of your data, please feel free to contact our data protection officer.
You can contact our Data Protection Officer in the following ways:
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
By telephone + 45: 7231 8909
By letter: Danish Ministry of Higher Education and Science, P.O. Box 2135, 1015 Copenhagen K, “att. Data Protection Officer”.
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Processing your application for access to practice a regulated teaching profession.
- Being able to answer any inquiries regarding the processing and assessment later.
The basis in law for our processing of your personal data ensues from:
- Act on the recognition of certain educational and professional qualifications (Lov om anerkendelse af visse uddannelses- og erhvervsmæssige kvalifikationer, LOV nr..1871 af 29.12.2015)
- Folkeskole Act, section 30 b (Bekendtgørelse af lov om folkeskolen, LBK nr. 1396 af 28/09/2020)
We process the following categories of personal data about you:
- Ordinary personal data including contact details, nationality, gender, educational background and professional experience.
- Danish civil registry (CPR) number, if available, or date of birth.
We disclose your personal data or make it available to the following recipients:
- In some cases, a Danish educational institution, in order to get an expert opinion.
- In some cases, the educational institution or relevant authority in the country of education, for confirmation of your qualifications, if you have consented to this in your application
- In some cases, authorities responsible for the teaching profession in other EU / EEA countries, through the Internal Market Information System (IMI)
- Statistics Denmark, for statistical purposes only.
As mentioned above, we may contact the educational institution or the relevant authority in the country of education to confirm your qualifications if you have consented to this in your application. Apart from the EU / EEA countries, Andorra, Argentina, the Faroe Islands, Guernsey, the Isle of Man, Israel, Jersey, New Zealand, Switzerland and Uruguay, the country of education does not necessarily have data security rules preventing information from reaching unauthorised persons.
- Your application and any additional information you have provided
- The Danish Civil Registration System (CPR)
Currently, we cannot say how long we will keep your personal data. However, we can inform you that we will emphasise how long your data is necessary for the case when determining how long the data will be kept.
If personal information about you has been submitted, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. This can be done by contacting us.
If you choose to withdraw your consent, it does not affect the lawfulness of our processing of your personal data based on your previously given consent and up to the time of the withdrawal. Therefore, if you withdraw your consent, it will only take effect from this time.
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation, you have several rights in relation to our processing of data concerning you. If you wish to exercise your rights, you must contact us.
Right of access
You have the right to obtain access to the data we process concerning you, together with a number of other data.
Right to rectification (correction)
You have the right to have incorrect data concerning you rectified.
Right to erasure
In special cases, you have the right to have data concerning you erased before the time of our ordinary general erasure.
Right to restriction of processing
In certain cases, you have the right to restrict the extent to which we process your personal data. If you have the right to restrict processing, we will henceforth only process information with your consent – with the exception of storage – or if a legal claim can be established, exercised or defended, or to protect a person or important public interests.
Right to object
In certain cases, you have the right to object to our processing of your personal data.
Right to transmit data (data portability)
In certain cases, you are entitled to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and to have this personal data transmitted from one data controller to another without hindrance.
You can read more about your rights in the Danish Data Protection Agency's guidance on rights of data subjects, available at www.datatilsynet.dk.
You have the right to complain to the Danish Data Protection Agency if you are not satisfied with the way in which we process your personal data. The contact details of the Danish Data Protection Agency are available at www.datatilsynet.dk.