The Danish Business Authority is the data controller for the processing of the personal data we have received concerning you. Our contact details are available below.
The Danish Business Authority
Dahlerups Pakhus, Langelinie Alle 17 2100 København Ø
If you have any questions regarding our processing of your data, please feel free to contact our data protection officer.
- You can contact our Data Protection Officer in the following ways:
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By telephone + 45: 33923350
- By letter: Ministry of Industry, Business and Financial Affairs, Slotsholmsgade 10-12, 1216 Copenhagen K
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Registration, including approval, deposits and discontinuation of real estate agents, including identification of the real estate agents concerned
- General communication in connection with case handling
- Publication in relevant registers, including register of real estate agents
- Control and supervision
- Identification of party representatives (applicants) and other third parties
The basis in law for our processing of your personal data ensues from:
- The Danish Act on sale of real estate etc. (in Danish ”Lov om formidling af fast ejendom m.v.”)
- Danish executive order on approval and registration of real estate agents and admission in the real estate agents register (in Danish: “ Bekendtgørelse om godkendelse og registrering af ejendomsmæglere og optagelse i ejendomsmæglerregisteret”)
- General Data Protection Regulation chapter 2
We process the following categories of personal data about you:
- Ordinary personal data (such as name and address)
- Information on education and continuing educations/training
- Confidential information (such as criminal records).
We disclose your personal data or make it available to the following recipients:
- The data is published.
We can inform that your published non-confidential personal data may be transferred to recipients outside the EU and the EEA as a result of the publication in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation article 49(1), litra g.
The information that the Danish Business Authority processes in relation to registration of real estate agents is reported directly to the Danish Business Authority through digital self-service solutions or paper forms provided for this purpose – either where you have reported them yourself or where a third party has been authorized to do so.
Your personal data about name, address and professional status is published in the register of real estate agents without any time limit, cf. above.
Currently, we cannot say how long we will keep your other personal data. However, we can inform you that we will emphasise the need for the storage of the information in relation to compliance with our regulatory obligations, including supervision, and, how long your data is necessary for the case when determining how long the data will be kept.
We do not employ automatic assessments.
If personal information about you has been submitted, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. This can be done by contacting us.
If you choose to withdraw your consent, it does not affect the lawfulness of our processing of your personal data based on your previously given consent and up to the time of the withdrawal. Therefore, if you withdraw your consent, it will only take effect from this time.
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation, you have several rights in relation to our processing of data concerning you. If you wish to exercise your rights, you must contact us.
Right of access
- You have the right to obtain access to the data we process concerning you, together with a number of other data.
Right to rectification (correction)
- You have the right to have incorrect data concerning you rectified.
Right to erasure
- In special cases, you have the right to have data concerning you erased before the time of our ordinary general erasure.
Right to restriction of processing
- In certain cases, you have the right to restrict the extent to which we process your personal data. If you have the right to restrict processing, we will henceforth only process information with your consent – with the exception of storage – or if a legal claim can be established, exercised or defended, or to protect a person or important public interests.
Right to object
- In certain cases, you have the right to object to our processing of your personal data.
Right to transmit data (data portability)
- In certain cases, you are entitled to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and to have this personal data transmitted from one data controller to another without hindrance.
You can read more about your rights in the Danish Data Protection Agency's guidance on rights of data subjects, available at www.datatilsynet.dk.
You have the right to complain to the Danish Data Protection Agency if you are not satisfied with the way in which we process your personal data. The contact details of the Danish Data Protection Agency are available at www.datatilsynet.dk.