The Danish Business Authority is the data controller for the processing of the personal data we have received concerning you. Our contact details are available below.
The Danish Business Authority
Langelinie Allé 17
CVR (Central Business Register) no.: 10150817
Telephone: (+45) 35 29 10 00
If you have any questions regarding our processing of your data, please feel free to contact our data protection officer.
You can contact our Data Protection Officer in the following ways:
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By telephone: (+45) 33 92 33 50
- By letter: Ministry of Industry, Business and Financial Affairs, attn. The Data Protection Officer, Slotsholmsgade 10-12, DK-1216 Copenhagen K
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
Registration of foreign company in Denmark. Foreign companies supplying services or products in Denmark must be registered with the Danish Business Authority.
The basis in law for our processing of your personal data ensues from:
Foreign companies without an establishment in Denmark that pay VAT on goods and services in Denmark are also obliged to register of the Danish VAT Act (Momsloven)).
We process the following categories of personal data about you:
- Ordinary company data such as name, address, company owner, sector code
- VAT no. in home country and the companies duty to Denmark
We disclose your personal data or make it available to the following recipients:
The Danish Customs and Tax Administration receives the information required for the purpose of the administration of Danish customs, excise and tax law as well as other tasks. Statistics Denmark also receives the information about your company.
The data we receive about you comes from the entries made in our digital self-service solutions and from paper documents to register foreign companies.
Currently, we cannot say how long we will keep your personal data. However, we can inform you that we will emphasise how long your data is necessary for the case when determining how long the data will be kept.
If personal information about you has been submitted, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. This can be done by contacting us.
If you choose to withdraw your consent, it does not affect the lawfulness of our processing of your personal data based on your previously given consent and up to the time of the withdrawal. Therefore, if you withdraw your consent, it will only take effect from this time.
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation, you have several rights in relation to our processing of data concerning you. If you wish to exercise your rights, you must contact us.
Right of access
- You have the right to obtain access to the data we process concerning you, together with a number of other data.
Right to rectification (correction)
- You have the right to have incorrect data concerning you rectified.
Right to erasure
- In special cases, you have the right to have data concerning you erased before the time of our ordinary general erasure.
Right to restriction of processing
- In certain cases, you have the right to restrict the extent to which we process your personal data. If you have the right to restrict processing, we will henceforth only process information with your consent – with the exception of storage – or if a legal claim can be established, exercised or defended, or to protect a person or important public interests.
Right to object
- In certain cases, you have the right to object to our processing of your personal data.
Right to transmit data (data portability)
- In certain cases, you are entitled to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and to have this personal data transmitted from one data controller to another without hindrance.
You can read more about your rights in the Danish Data Protection Agency's guidance on rights of data subjects, available at www.datatilsynet.dk.
You have the right to complain to the Danish Data Protection Agency if you are not satisfied with the way in which we process your personal data. The contact details of the Danish Data Protection Agency are available at www.datatilsynet.dk.
Phone: +45 72 20 00 30
Mandag til torsdag: 8.30-16.00 Fredag: 9.00-15.00
Services Contact Point
Services Contact Point is a public service providing information to service providers from other EU and EEA countries on the relevant rules and registrations i Denmark.